Mar 15, 2011

Rashkin's Falls

Neil Primack was another teen I knew in the 60's & 70's & his dad, Abe Primack was a very respected Driver's Ed & Shop teacher. Here's are Neil's recollections of the sweet summer life of Mountaindale.
I grew up in Mountaindale from 1960 to 1977. I have so many stories and memories of exploration, especially with scouting. My fondest memory is scaling the rock cliffs at Rashkins Falls and hanging out on top - long before it was developed by Dave Rashkin. I also have very fond memories of going to Engleman's day camp and making lots of friends at the bungalow colony there. Stickball and movies on the handball court were incredibly fun. The summers were joyful and the blueberry picking was quite fruitful. My dad, Abe Primack was well known as a teacher at Fallsburgh. Thankfully, my entire family is still around and doing pretty well. It's been a few years since I've been back since I recently relocated to Florida. Last time I was there, it was very quite and peaceful. The river along Spring Glen Road is still blasting away and the energy there is still special. My night dreams periodically take me back to Rashkins Falls. I'm convinced it's a power (HU) spot of one sort or another. I'd be receptive to hear from anyone that remembers me.

No comments:

Post a Comment