Mar 15, 2011

Charlie Roer's Luncheonette

Here is a re-post from July 2005 by Royce (Roer) Steiner, whose family owned Charlie's Luncheonette at 4 Post Hill Road, which was most recently Nonni's Trattoria.
________________________________________________
I have read most of the stories posted and, I must say, some bring tears to my eyes. Some of the greatest memories I guess I'll ever have.

My family moved to Mountaindale in 1952 and my dad opened up a luncheonette on Post Hill Road - Charlie's Luncheonette. My Mom, Norma Roer worked in Liberty Loomis Hospital as director of nursing for many, many years before transferring to the Crystal Run School in South Fallsburgh as Nursing Director. Unfortunately, they are both now deceased. My twin sister Sheryl and my brother David all attended Mountaindale Elementary School and then on to Fallsburgh Central. I just wanted to begin here, but there is so much more to share. A few stories will follow shortly. Would be great hearing from you.

No comments:

Post a Comment