Mar 3, 2011

Mountaindale Playhouse

Re-post from Andrew Bernstein - 2006

I just wanted to let you know that I was an apprentice actor at the old Mountaindale Playhouse in 1965 and 1966. We performed shows every week, worked 20 hours a day and I don't believe anyone would have given up a minute of it. Among my personal highlights was "Threepenny Opera" which was so well received that we were asked to perform a third show (at around midnight) Bernie and Jim, who ran the theater took a vote amongst the cast and crew and it was unanimous to add the show. About 40-50 people were in the audience and it was one of the most magical moments I've ever experienced!!!

5 comments:

  1. I performed at the Mountaindale Playhouse the summer of 1964. We did CARNIVAL, LIL'ABNER, THE STUDENT PRINCE, MILK AND HONEY, CAROUSEL, and others. It was an amazing experience for a 19 year old. We were performing one show and in rehearsal for another. There were not enough hours in the week. It was glorious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot to mention my name. Karen Edelman before marriage. Karen Master now.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My sister did many many shows there under the name Sherry Sloan I remember Ricky Sacks being in many of the shows and the only one I was in was the king and I unfortunately I do not remember any of the years

    ReplyDelete
  4. I forgot to add my name back then it was Cindy Schlomm

    ReplyDelete