Apr 1, 2011

Rosenblums in Spring Glen

Jerry Jacobs came to re-visit his childhood in 2005. From my Main Street office, I often see visitors slowly cruising, trying to find a bit of their sweet past & we frequently chat about the "good old days" they remember.


yes i too remember rosenblums in spring glen. my family had a bungalow there from 1963-66. i have many fond memories. just yesterday i headed up to utica to drop my son off at camp. on the way home i saw a sign, ellenville, so i got off and 30 min later i'm in spring glen looking for something i have not seen in 40 years, or since i was 6. but when i passed the homowack hotel i knew i was close. i turned around pulled in to a colony and started placing all the buildings/people in my mind. when i was 80% sure this was the place i turned the car around to go home this woman seemed to appear out of thin air (sounds like bull, right?) i stop the car and tell her what i'm looking for, she asks my name pauses then smiles and says "you're home." remembers me and my family asks who i remember. we start going over who's alive and who's not. she tells me she's the only one left from that era. they went co-op in the 70s. she's putting me on a list to buy one. running out of room now. if you want please comment with thoughts, answers etc. it was great being in the place i spent my childhood. the place looks the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment